The Logistics Officer is responsible for all matters regarding supply and logistics in the 10th MEDRGT.
The S4 is responsible for planning, developing, and directing the supply and logistical operations (Class VIII)
for the 10th MEDRGT. The Logistics Officers coordinates with the Commander, Command Staff, and OICs to ensure the
readiness, operations, force development, and modernization of the medical and allied health functions of the Maryland Defense Force.
The Logistics Officer also assists the Commander and Executive Officer to plan, establish, acquire, inventory, and disperse supplies
and equipment necessary to support the health delivery activities within the MDDF units and, as tasked, in support of the State of
Maryland and the Maryland Military Department, including MDARNG, MDANG, MEMA and appropriate State agencies through mission-related tasking.
The S4 Logistics Officer's responsibilities include:
- Coordinating procurement, storage, inventory, issue, and distribution of supplies and equipment in the 10th MEDREG;
- Determining, planning, evaluating, and supervising specific training requirements for the S4;
- Advises the Commander on the status of the medical logistics program;
- Working with the 10th MEDREG Command Staff to establish logistical policies and procedures;
- Performing staff supervision of activities and units assigned, attached, or under the operational control (OPCON) of the command that come under S4 to ensure adequate support of the command;
- Supporting assigned, attached, or OPCON units or individuals under the supervision of a particular staff section (such as with administration, shelter, food, and supplies); and
- Acting as a staff advisor for assigned, attached, supporting, or OPCON units or personnel in the S4.
- Recommending and coordinating assignments and personnel issues affecting the S4.
- Coordinating S4 recruitment activity with the D1.
- Coordinating logistical and supply data with the D8 for financial accountability.
- Monitoring the maintenance, personnel, and equipment status within the S4 and advising the commander and responsible staff.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and personnel to achieve mission objectives;
- Familiarity with medical supplies and terminology;
- Familiarity with medical logistical publications and forms;
- Basic MEMS; may obtain Senior MEMS Badge within one year of appointment;
- Experience in civilian and military writing.